ISO 14001: 2015 is the latest available version that has replaced ISO 14001:2004, released in September 2015.
ISO 14001 is an internationally approved standard based on EMS (Environmental management system). It helps organizations to examine, monitor, control and improve environmental conditionsand performance. ISO 14001 requires organizations to make efficient use of resources and reduce wastages that may jeopardise with the global environmental integrity. ISO 14001 can be applied to all types of organizations such as large, medium, small, non – profit and government organization without any restrictions on their economic and geographical factor. It pays emphasis on environmental issues such as air pollution, water pollution, soil pollution, noise pollution, sewage problems and depletion of natural resources etc. caused by the organizations.
Recommendations for applying effective ISO 14001 system
- Environment management should be a part of organization's strategic planning.
- Leaders should give a greater commitment to the environmental management system.
- Organizations should consider environmental aspects from development and with an end-of-life perspective.
- Stakeholders should be given more focus during communication strategy. Requirements and expectations of stakeholders, including the statutory & regulatory, must be considered while developing the EMS in conformity to ISO 14001.
Benefits of ISO 14001
- Engagement of employees is highlighted. Active involvement of employee’s pledgees a drive of confidence and belongingness.
- A great and satisfactory contribution to the culture and future generations.
- By minimizing the risk of regulatory and environmental liability fines and improving an organization’s efficiency.
- Stakeholder's confidence is gained.
- Corporate customer requirements relating to environmental accountability, is achieved.
- Environmental performance of suppliers is enhanced.It dopes environmental responsibilities in the entire supply chain group.
- Credibility of international stature.
- Closer towards global environmental credit points and attracting benefits, both financial and competitive.
- Builds appropriate system to control and monitor environmental performances.This keeps organizations safe from sudden levies and fines from the regulatory authorities.
- Mandates continuous monitoring & measurement of the processes that prevents unintended derailments.
ISO have implemented process approach which follows PDCA act (Plan – Do – Check – Act) cycle which carries in a drive for continued excellence in the process of organisation.
Problems you generally face in ISO 14001 Certification
- Companies set their own demonstrable targets to attain ISO 14001 Certification. In this process, organizations either set easy or as high as unrealistic or non-feasible goals.
- Sometimes, organizations choose to non-useful demonstrate statistical reports and analysis on subject matters which results in additional and difficult task for an organization.
- It takes significant efforts to understand the complicated local regulations that add-on to the general requirements of ISO 14001. This might crop-up the valuable profit-oriented business hours.
- ISO 14001 is a self-managed functioning. This augments burden on the organization as the success wholly depends upon the organization performance. Lack of knowledge and awareness about ISO 14001 conformity creates snags.
- Organisations input their best but fail to get desired result due to lack ofappropriate management solutions or adequate resources with them.
- Auditing, Training and improving quality can cost you more than you can input, which makes most of the organization to step out of the process.
How can Ascent INSPECTA help you solve these problems?
- Ascent INSPECTA helps you set realistic, appreciable, demonstrable and achievable goals.
- Ascent INSPECTA prepares statistical and analytical reports for you. Thus, reports will no longer be a problem for you.
- Being an expert in this field Ascent INSPECTA trains your employees according to each applicable rule and regulation required by ISO 14001 and the local regulatory authorities.
- Based on extremely high level of experience with industries of various natures and scales, Ascent INSPECTA provides you with an accurate plan of management and functioning based on the expertise knowledge we have in this field. This offers least possibilities of failure.
- Our team is committed to work and predominantly manages the activities to ascertain that your organization also gives its 100% commitment to the process of achieving conformity & compliance.
- Ascent INSPECTA instructs organizations about inadequate resources and proposes solution for deciphering it. Ascent INSPECTA believes in optimum utilization of available resources.
- Ascent INSPECTA make available essential training, education and assurance to employees thus making EMS a consistent habit for them which exterminates fear and dopes assurance.
- Hiring Ascent INSPECTA can guide you with proper budget knowledge without you paying additional expenses.
- Ascent INSPECTA works 24X7, to cater the needs of its customers all over the world. This gives you abundant opportunity to demand our amenities even in the odd hours and day off.
- Ascent INSPECTA has a general practice of complete analysis before an offer is given. It is tremendously improbable that the total overhead goes beyond the budgeted figures, unless there are special requirements from the client’s end. “Not a single coinage extra”, is a general motto that each Ascent INSPECTA employee abides by.
With Ascent INSPECTA, ISO certification is no longer a painful process. Experience a height of success witnessed never before. Contact us or request a quote.
Get in Touch! Ask us any question/query on +91-9867-180-395. We would be happy to answer your concerns. You can also drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org